The historical 1990 American College of Rheumatology Fibromyalgia Diagnostic Criteria is the best known and most used criteria. Along with a history of chronic widespread pain in all four quadrants of the body, above and below the waste lasting longer than three months it requires a physical examination that uncovers 11 of 18 tender points at strategic body locations.
Below is a list of published papers and abstracts concerning FM diagnostic criteria including the FM/a Blood Test. For the most up-to-date FM diagnostic and treatment information, please refer to continuing medical education opportunities on the Healthcare Professional Pain Network website.
1. 2014 - Criteria for the Diagnosis of Fibromyalgia: Validation of the Modified 2010 Preliminary ACR Criteria and the Development of Alternative Criteria. Published in Arthritis & Care, 2014; Bennett, R, Ronald Friend, Dawn Marcus, et al...View PDF
2. 2012 – FM/a Blood Test; Unique immunologic patterns in fibromyalgia
Printed in BMC, Clinical Pathology, Frederick G Behm, Igor M Gavin2, Oleksiy Karpenko, Valerie Lindgren, Sujata Gaitonde1, Peter A Gashkoff1 and Bruce S Gillis...View PDF
3. 2010 - The American College of Rheumatology Preliminary Diagnostic Criteria for Fibromyalgia and Measurement of Symptom Severity. Published in Arthritis Care and Research. Wolfe, F, Clauw, DJ, Fitzcharles, MA...View PDF
4. 2013- FM/a Blood Test Poster Abstract from the American College of Rheumatology Meeting...View PDF
5. 2011 – Diagnostic Criteria...View PDF
6. 1990 – American College of Rheumatology Fibromyalgia Diagnostic Criteria...View PDF